Well, I'm sitting here watching the Bachelor and thought it would be a good time to blog. I thought a fun way to keep me in check with my blogging would be to blog about some of my favorite things once a week! Today I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite pregnancy things...fitting right?
1. I never thought that I would like maternity clothes. Since being pregnant I have had to purchase a few new pairs of jeans. Luckily, while I was in San Antonio there was a Baby Gap that actually carried Gap Maternity as well. I figured I'd get past my fear of maternity jeans and try some on. I fell in love! They are so comfortable...not to mention affordable! They are on sale right now for $59! You can find them here: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26691&vid=1&pid=689740
2. I thought cutting caffeine out of my diet would be hard, but it hasn't! I'll admit that I do sip on Shawn's weekend cups of coffee and his cokes. Caffeine free Dr. Peppers are actually pretty tasty too. BUT this favorite is wonderful. Crystal Light has these packets of goodness that you mix with water. They are caffeine free and only 5 calories. My favorite is the Cherry Pomegranate! One packet makes 2 quarts and I go through them like crazy. Shawn likes them too!
3. My sweet friend Ashley is so very creative and I learn so much from her. My sister-in-law, Halie, is as well. Halie had told me about these rice bags that she knew how to make that you heat up and use like a heating pad. As you know, pregnant women need to steer clear of the really hot things like baths, hot tubs, and heating pads. These rice bags are perfect for pregnant women! You just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds, they heat up perfectly and last for a long time! Ashley just so happened to make me a personalized one for Christmas! I was so excited haha. It has been wonderful for the late night back aches! Thank you Ashley.
4. My sister-in-law, Halie, has been so wonderful since we found out we were expecting. She is a labor and delivery nurse as well as a lactation specialist. She has been so supportive in my goal to have a natural child birth. Since she is in the baby making industry, hehe, she has been so helpful in expanding my knowledge about natural childbirth. For Christmas, she and Eric got me this fantastic book called The Official Lamaze Guide: Giving Birth with Confidence. I haven't finished it yet but love all of the information I have read so far. It encourages women to listen to their bodies. It is amazing how our bodies and sweet babies know exactly what to do when labor starts! I highly suggest it for any soon to be mommy! Halie, I've been underlining and marking important things. So get ready for my questions!
5. Last but not least...Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Call it a craving if you wish but that has always been a favorite of mine. I hadn't had it in a while and just decided one day to get some. It has now become a constant in our house. It's even whole grain! :)I hope you have enjoyed reading about some of my pregnancy favorites thus far. I'll be sure to post some of my other favorites each week!