Home

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update

Last week we had a doctors appointment which took 3 hours! Since we are seeing a doctor in a smaller town she is extremely busy... all the time. She had 2 emergencies the day of my appointment, but I didn't want to reschedule so I waited.

She went over our last sonogram with me and said that our little guy looks to be growing at the rate he needs to be. She estimated that at the appointment he was nearing the 2 pound mark and said by week 28 he should be 3 pounds! That's only a week away! I can't believe we started out with a piece of rice and now we actually have a little 2-3 pound baby in there. I'm sitting here watching my belly move all over the place with his every move. It melts my heart each time. Oh..and my mom is officially the second person to feel him move. My sweet sister tried and tried to get him to move but he just wouldn't do it.

The doctor also told us that she has decided to close her practice and move it somewhere else. As most of you know our due date is May 19th...or the 20th which is my Grandma's birthday!!
Anyways..she gave the hospital the date of May 1st as her last day...WHAT DO WE DO?? She said that there is a possibility of her being there to deliver us but no guarantee. Shawn and I have decided to talk with her at our next appointment next week to see what other doctor she suggests. Even though we LOVE her we don't want to chance forming a relationship with someone who might not deliver our son. We have prayed about the situation and both know that God will take care of it all. We are surprisingly calm about it; that's what putting your faith in God does!!

Shawny got me this necklace from www.doulashop.com called the Bola Pregnancy ChimeThey come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors. When the baby reaches about 20 weeks he can hear sounds from outside the womb. Shawn talks to our little love every night and is determined for him to know his voice when he gets here. The chime rests on your belly and makes its noise with your movements. It apparently is supposed to be a soothing/comforting sound for the baby in the womb and when he makes his appearance in the world. Does it work? I don't know, but I love how thoughtful Shawn was when he bought it for us.