Home

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SEVEN. MONTHS. OLD.

HOW?

How have seven months passed since Hutch Irvin Overton was born? I watched some of the videos we took at the hospital and sadly can't remember some of it!? Am I terrible for admitting that? I'm sure I'm not the only mom that looks back and can't remember much from that crazy day! I did go all natural...so I guess it's best that I don't remember all that pain.  I wish everyone who reads this blog and hasn't met our sweet baby could do so. He is the sweetest, funniest, most loving little man I know. Here's the latest on him:

- His new nickname is "string bean". He went to the Dr. today and is in the 80th percentile for his height...28 inches!
- 24th percentile for weight...just over 17 lbs.
-53rd percentile for head...so for those of you who say he has an "Overton head"...he is perfectly normal!...for now :)
- He STILL hates avocado...breaks my heart. I wish he liked it so badly...I love avocado. Shawn hates it so I guess there is no hope for him.
-We have been working on sippy cups lately too. We got him some new ones today and he seems to really like them.
-He is SO very close to crawling. We know that he will do it on his own time though.
- He is learning certain "games" we play here at the house. He loves it when you crawl to him, clap his hands (he is starting to clap them himself too), he loves looking at himself in the mirror oh and so many more things!
-He has the sweetest belly laugh you will ever hear. I'm not joking on this one. Every time I get the video camera to capture that sweet sound he stops! Drives me crazy.
-He also thinks it's the greatest thing in the world to SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH really LOUDLY! Strangely enough it happens when I'm singing...does he want me to stop? is he singing too? or is he like a dog and howls when he hears high pitched noises. I'm sure my hubby, parents and sister know what sound I'm talking about :) They hear it often.

Oh the joy that boy brings us. Besides Shawn he is my greatest blessing. God sure did know what he was doing when he created our baby and I'm so very glad He chose me to be the mommy to Hutch.

I'm behind on pictures! I'll take some soon and post!

No comments: