Home

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting caught up

I feel horrible! It's been a good while since I have blogged anything. We had computer issues which MADE us get a new computer. We are so glad we did...we are officially an Apple family :) I was so worried that I had lost all of my pictures of Hutch...but luckily they guy that worked on it was able to get it going so we could save all of our pictures. I think we also need to invest in an external hard drive.

Hutch is getting so big and is so sweet. Let's see Hutch is:
-Still sleeping through the night. It's wonderful. He LOVES his sleep. He has gotten to the point where he really doesn't even like to be rocked. Just feed him and lay him down. NO FUSSING EITHER!
- He takes 2 2-3 hour naps during the day
- He has 2 solid feedings during the day and gets mommy's milk for all the other feedings.
- He is now eating bananas, apples, pears, peaches, sweet potatoes, peas, cereal...I know there are more I just can't think of them all. He loves them all too! I LOVE making all of his baby food too! No store bought Gerber things...all fresh produce!
- He is sooo very close to crawling!!! He makes so much progress each day.
- He loves the puppy dogs. He talks to them anytime they are around. *I think Hattie is his favorite...she let's him pet her without licking him like crazy
- I think it's safe to say he loves my singing! This just warms my heart. He can be in the most dramatic cry and then I start singing the itsy bitsy spider and he stops. I have a cute video to post soon of him listening to Sugarland...I sing their new song "stuck like glue" to him all the time. It was on the TV the other day and he stopped everything to watch it!
- He loves everyone...except for my dad sometimes. As much as it breaks my dad's heart...I think it is pretty cute. I'm not sure what it is about dad that scares him.
- He sits up so good now but he makes falling over sound like the worst thing that could ever happen to a six month old.
Here are some 6 month pictures: Well scratch that...I can't upload pictures for some reason. Check back later...I'll figure it out.

Shawn and I have been so busy lately...I have been in Lubbock every weekend this month! That is one of the worst drives when you have to make it that often. We have a break this weekend so it's going to look like Christmas in the Overton home. Hutch has his very first Christmas tree in his room! Shawn and I plan on getting each of our kids their own trees for their rooms so they can decorate them however they want. We will help Hutch out the first few years :)

*It's really killing me that I can't upload pictures.

I still haven't finished my quilt. It is all layered together...I just have to learn to quilt now and then put my binding on...but I also have to have time to do all of this. Something that I don't have much of right now. While our laptop was "hibernating" I worked on a few sewing projects. I made a quilted alphabet for our friends little girl. They turned out so cute...again..wish I could post pictures. I also made a camera strap cover...not the prettiest thing but cute. I couldn't look at the tutorial online so I just had to wing it. I'll re-do it the correct way soon.

I guess that's about it. I'll do a picture post once I figure out what the deal is. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: