Home

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Getting close!

We had our sonogram today! These are my favorite appointments because we get to see our sweet boy. Unfortunately, our doctor doesn't do the 4D sonograms so we have to deal with the 3D. We are just glad to have one at all! She got the sweetest picture of him. We could see his eyes, the bridge of his nose, and some very chubby cheeks!! I'm convinced that he already looks like his daddy.

The second she saw our sweet boy she commented on how big his head is....surprising right? (I mean it's not like his daddy has a big one hehe) His head measurements were showing to be 35 weeks...thats 2 weeks further than I actually am! HA. She took all his measurements and estimated that his weight was around 5 pounds 3 ounces!! WHOA... Shawn and I certainly weren't expecting that! I'm measuring to be 34 weeks. Needless to say he is growing like a weed. So am I...considering all the fluids I am retaining.

The last couple of days I have noticed some consistent contractions and some swelling in my hands and feet. Today on the other hand my contractions were very consistent. I had a couple during our sonogram which sparked the doctor to give me an exam just to make sure I wasn't dilating. I wasn't dilated but my cervix was very soft. After a few other questions and issues that sparked her interest she decided that she needed to put me on some medicine to stop my contractions.

She sent us home with a document on signs of preterm labor and what to do if I continue to have labor signs. She didn't seem too concerned but Shawn and I were kind of in shock! We have a strange feeling that this baby could be an April baby. We have 7 more weeks to go and baby is gaining half a pound a week...he's going to be big! She isn't a fan of bedrest so she just told me to cut down on physical activity and keep my feet propped up AND to take my meds every 4 hours...yay :(

Shawn and I had to do our grocery run after that and bought a large package of diapers. As Shawn was putting them in the basket he stopped and said "Holy moly...we are actually buying diapers!" I'm telling you...today actually set things in for us that we are having a baby! All-in-all we had a great appointment minus the contractions! We are praying that our sweet baby stays in there a few more weeks.

I know I say it all the time...but he is SO active!! My ribs are bound to break before this is all said and done. But...I wouldn't want it any other way :)

1 comment:

Nick and Natalie said...

im glad you got good news. You know he is healthy if he is growing so fast!