Home

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Update

Well, I think my sweet husband has been much better about blogging lately! I don't know about you but I love reading about how the Holy Spirit is making such wonderful adjustments in his life.

I haven't given our lovely readers (that would be you) an update on this sweet baby of ours in a while so I figured I should do so today. Where to begin?
1. He is growing like a weed!
2. There are times where I can't bend over or get up due to the sweet feet in my ribs.
3. Sleep is still very little at night...but not quite as bad as it was.
4. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WILL BE HERE IN 8 WEEKS....8 WEEKS!
5. He gets the hiccups...a lot :)
6. He is so active. Some of his kicks take my breath away if they are just in the right spot.

As some of you know by now the doctor that we initially started out with when we moved here has decided to close her practice and move it else where. We were so bummed! She carried the same views about labor that we did and I was so excited to be able to go through this with her. Fortunately, there were two other doctors in Pampa that we could choose from.

We could choose the young doctor fresh out of school (this could be good right? She should be up to date on all the current research and studies about natural childbirth...right??) OR we could pick the lady who studied out of the country and is board certified in just about everything AND has been doing this for YEARS. We saw the pros and cons to both sides.

I was really excited to talk with the young doctor on her views because I just KNEW that she would be all about natural childbirth since she just got out of residency...WRONG!!!! I can't tell you how upset I was when I got off the phone with her. She believed the complete opposite!! So, I thanked her for her time and moved on to the next doctor...not expecting much. After I spoke with the other doctor's receptionist I knew right then and there that she would be the doctor for us!

I asked her about the doctor's philosophy on childbirth and she just went off!!! I didn't even have to ask questions..she told me everything I needed to know right then and there. I again thanked her for her time and before I could get off the phone I was BAWLING!! *This was my first "emotional" time throughout this pregnancy...and it felt good.* I tried sending Shawn a text to tell him about it and I couldn't even see the screen to type it. He called me almost immediately and was just as excited as I was. So, I called right back and scheduled our appointment with her. A week later I was in her office and may I say...I LOVE her! She is everything we were praying for in a doctor.

I know that I was so emotional about this because I knew that God heard our prayers and knew that we needed his guidance. I knew all along that God was going to lead us to the right doctor...but so quickly? After I was able to call and get everything squared away with the doctor's office I had to thank God for being so gracious. The tears just came flowing again...I think the last time I cried that hard was when Shawn moved to Arkansas. Oh geez...here come the tears again just thinking about it.

I am truly...TRULY amazed at our God. I have to admit that I was not so excited about moving to shamrock...especially since we were pregnant. But I have to tell you that this has been the greatest experience for Shawn and myself. Never have we been so involved in church and with each other. Shawn enjoys going to his United Methodist Men's Bible study on Thursday mornings at a local restaurant before going into work, we have joined the Wednesday night Bible study, I have been going to the United Methodist Women's Bible study on Tuesday morning, and we just started Sunday school this past Sunday.

As I have mentioned before, we are by far the youngest couple at the church but that is one of the reasons we love it so much. I can't tell you how much we have learned from everyone. I am in love with all of these women and their hugs...oh their hugs are so sweet. We are in complete awe of our Heavenly Father! He has taken this "not so wonderful" town and turned it into something that we have grown to appreciate and enjoy.He deserves all the praise for what He has done in our lives.

Here's such a wonderful verse to remember:
Matthew 7: 7-8
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

I hope that at the end of your day you can sit back and realize all that God has done for you...small or big..and thank Him!

No comments: