Home

Monday, January 24, 2011

Brainwash

I was brainwashed...yes brainwashed by the wonderful Lauren Clark earlier this month in Stillwater, OK. 
What is a brainwash? Well, a brainwash session with Lauren Clark is an all day photography workshop!
From 10:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the afternoon we covered EVERYTHING photography...plus a few other things not photography related. It was all girls...what do you expect? :) We went over the business side of things, properly using your camera, flash, lenses, we even went on a shoot with Lauren and got to practice what she taught us. Took a break to have dinner with a fellow "brainwash-ee"? *sounded good* and then met back up with Lauren to drink hot chocolate and talk more photography until about 10:00 pm or so. 
I consider Lauren to be the "best of the best" in the photography world. Her style is right up my alley: simple, bright and colorful. She knows how to bring the natural "model" out of all of her clients. I've never seen a bad picture!

What she taught us was so simple and I can truly tell a huge difference in the pictures that I have taken since the workshop. I think I have told just about everyone that asks about it that I need to completely erase everything I thought I knew about photography from my mind and just start all over! I feel like I need to redo all the pictures I have ever taken of Hutch.  Needless to say I had plenty of "Aha" moments.  As some of you may or may not know, I would love to have my own photography business someday. So this was the perfect way to learn A LOT before I decide to make that decision. 

So how about some examples of what I learned? How about a before and after. I love when photographers post before and afters *disclaimer* I'm not calling myself a photographer just yet ;) 
Not too bad SOOC (Straight out of camera). She had some hairs that I didn't like flying around so I took them out and just did a simple color boost! That's it! *Cue the angelic music to go along with my AHA moment* This sweet couple had a beautiful family with a 2 year old and 5 month old ( I think). Here is one of all of them.
As you can see the before is pretty "blah" but with a few simple tweeks in the color BAM...great photo! 
One more?? Ok.
This little man was precious! It was freezing that day but he played and sang the entire time. He was a trooper. Jingle Bells was his favorite song :)
God has done some tremendous things for Lauren and her business and I know he will continue to do that for this new venture she is on with children and family photography. I had a great time visiting with her and the other girls. Stay tuned for some new and improved pictures of our little Hutchkins :)

No comments: