Home

Friday, June 25, 2010

2 Months



Hutch Irvin is 2 Months old. It is so crazy how fast time flies with him here. My days go by so quickly now BUT I do feel like I am finally getting into a daily routine. This past week I was able to get the house pretty clean and felt rather accomplished :)

Here are a few new things that Hutch has been doing:
* He smiles!!! We are very BIG on stimulating him in many ways right now. We bought him a jungle play mat..thing... Well it has a mirror, singing lady bug and lots of rattles. He will be laying on back looking in the mirror and just SMILE so big!! It's basically the sweetest thing...ever.

* He has been going anywhere from 6-7.5 hours between feedings at night. So, he wakes up between 2-3 am and again between 5-6. It's rather nice. On the weekends he will go all night! As a matter of fact, last night he didn't wake up until 5:00. That sounds early but Shawn and I are crazy and get up at that time anyways...so it feels like a full night of sleep for us.

* He has his happy moments and his fussy moments. We like the happy moments the best because we can get some sweet smiles out of them. But, as his mommy...I kind of like the fussy moments because I'm pretty good at calming him...it makes me feel good. I now know why my mom likes it when I call her and need something. She always tells me that it makes her feel needed again.

* Oh bath time. What a fun time in the Overton household. Hutch LOVES his bath time. He can be the world's fussiest baby but when you put him in his bath he turns into the world's happiest baby. Those sweet little legs just kick and splash! He will grab his cup with the strongest little baby grip and kick kick kick. I'll try to post a video soon...if I can figure out how.


* Shawn has a daddy carrier and he loves it. (He being Hutch...but Shawn does too) Shawn keeps in handy at all times. When he gets home he will strap Hutch in and take a few strolls around the backyard. We went on our first walk around the neighborhood last night and it was a great way to get Hutch to sleep.

*Last one...Hutch officially fits into his original going home outfit. Shawn and I bought the sweetest Gap overalls that swallowed him at birth but fit him wonderfully now.

2 comments:

Nick and Natalie said...

He is the most beautiful baby i have Ever seen. So precious! Can't wait to see him in person!

The Overtons said...

Thank you Natalie. I'm pretty positive your thoughts about the most beautiful baby will change once that sweet baby of yours comes! I too can't wait to see and meet her!